He is able to offer the following range of services:
• Treatment of Cancer of the Prostate including:
o Robotic Radical Prostatectomy
(Robot Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy RALRP or “Da Vinci prostatectomy”) with Nerve Sparing.
o Standard Open Surgical Radical Prostatectomy with Microsurgical Nerve Sparing.
o Brachytherapy Low Dose Permanent Seed Implantation.
o Hormone therapy of advanced Carcinoma of the Prostate.
• Treatment of Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPH) including
o Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
o Gyrus TURP.
o Medical therapy
• Trans Rectal Ultrasound and biopsy of the prostate in men who have been found to have a raised PSA test. (TRUSP and Biopsy)
• Surgical treatment of Carcinoma of the Kidney including:
o Standard Open Surgical Radical Nephrectomy and Partial Nephrectomy.
o Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Radical Nephrectomy.
o Robotic Partial Nephrectomy.
• Surgical treatment of Carcinoma of the Bladder including:
o Trans Urethral Resection of Bladder Tumours (TURBT)
o Open Surgical Radical Cystectomy with reconstruction by either:
- Ileal Conduit
- Neo Bladder reconstruction.
• Modern treatment of Kidney stones including:
o Percutaneous treatment of kidney stones.
o Ureteroscopic treatment of ureteric stones
o Shock Wave Treatment of kidney stones. SWL.
o Flexible Ureteroscopy and Laser disintegration of calculi.
• Robotic Pyeloplasty, which is Robotic surgery for Obstruction of the Kidney.
• Investigation of Bladder problems using FluoroUrodynamics, which is the investigation of the bladder using x rays and pressure measurements.
This is useful in men with bladder symptoms and obstruction and in women with incontinence
• Treatment of female bladder problems including treatment of incontinence and cystitis.
• Endoscopy of the lower urinary tract to investigate all bladder problems including blood in the urine (Haematuria).
• Operations on the penis and testes including: