ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR HAREWOOD
SPECIALISING IN ROBOTIC
OR "DA VINCI PROSTATECTOMY"
An Urologist is a surgeon who specialises in diseases of the urinary and genital tracts of both men and women. Dr. Harewood
provides the full range of urological services, with special expertise in the management of early stage Cancer of the Prostate.
Dr Harewood operates at the Epworth Freemasons Hospital.
He is able to offer the following range of services:
- Treatment of Cancer of the Prostate including:
- Treatment of Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPH) including:
- Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
- Gyrus TURP
- Medical therapy
- Trans Rectal Ultrasound and biopsy of the prostate in men who have been found to have a raised PSA test. (TRUSP and Biopsy)
- Surgical treatment of Carcinoma of the Kidney including:
- Standard Open Surgical Radical Nephrectomy and Partial Nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Radical Nephrectomy
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy
- Surgical treatment of Carcinoma of the Bladder including:
- Trans Urethral Resection of Bladder Tumours (TURBT)
- Open Surgical Radical Cystectomy with reconstruction by either:
- Ileal Conduit
- Neo Bladder reconstruction.
- Modern treatment of Kidney stones including:
- Percutaneous treatment of kidney stones.
- Ureteroscopic treatment of ureteric stones
- Shock Wave Treatment of kidney stones. SWL.
- Flexible Ureteroscopy and Laser disintegration of calculi.
- Robotic Pyeloplasty, which is Robotic surgery for Obstruction of the Kidney.
- Investigation of Bladder problems using FluoroUrodynamics, which is the investigation of the bladder using x rays and pressure measurements.
This is useful in men with bladder symptoms and obstruction and in women with incontinence
- Treatment of female bladder problems including treatment of incontinence and cystitis.
- Endoscopy of the lower urinary tract to investigate all bladder problems including blood in the urine (Haematuria)
- Operations on the penis and testes including: